STATE OF COLORADO - SOME INTRESTING FACTS
The State of Colorado is the 38th state in the USA; it became a state of August 1, 1876. Colorado is the 8th biggest state in the USA. Read below for more interesting facts about Colorado.
- State Bird - Lark Bunting
- State Animal - Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep
- State Insect - Colorado Hairstreak Butterfly
- State Fish - Greenback Cutthroat Trout
- State Flower - Rocky Mtn.Columbine (White & Lavender)
- State Tree - Colorado Blue Spruce
- State Grass - Blue grama grass
- State Abbreviation - CO
- State Capital - Denver
- Largest City - Denver
- Name for Residents- Coloradans
- Colorado River
- Rio Grande
- Arkansas River
- South Platte River
- Grand Lake
- Blue Mesa Reservior
- John Martin Reservior
- Mt. Elbert; 14,433 feet (4,399m) above sea level
Colorado is a beautiful place to live, no matter the season.
Summit County, CO has plenty of activities for all ages.
Winter months are filled with skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowy days and nights and plenty of entertainment. Spring everything starts to bloom and locals' refer to this as Mud Season. Summer months offer hiking, bike riding, sailing, wildflowers, sunshine and rain. Fall you can't miss the turning of the Aspen trees and cooler weather.
Year round in the mountains you will find great restaurants, concerts and local entertainment.
Come to the mountains and enjoy the beauty and drive around and preuse the local real estate markert.
We are here to help you with questions regarding real estate please stop by and let us walk you thru the steps of purchasing a first, second home or rental property.
Ten Peaks Sotheby's International Real Estate, 69 Marksberry Way,
Breckenridge, CO 80424 - 970-453.0550.